The key to being a great substitute is preparation. For that reason, knowing how to prepare for your day in the classroom is essential to your success. This book will help get you pointed in the right direction to help you avoid the mistakes made by most new subs. It is jam-packed with ideas, observations and resources to ensure your success. Among other things, you will find:
- The one thing you must do before the bell rings and the one thing you should not do right after it rings. (It’s something most people do intuitively but it automatically invites disruption.)
- When not to ask for help from the front office.
- What to do when someone is disrupting the class, and what you most definitely do not want to do.
- Where to find tons of free resources, from free lesson plans to educational videos and even some free training for yourself.
- A place where you can take the preparations you make for school and sell them to others. (One teacher has done this to make over a million dollars in addition to her salary!)
- If you haven’t yet signed up to be a sub, you will also find a state by state list of requirements to become a sub with links to get you started.
- And if you are a full time teacher, this book is loaded with links to resources you can put to work right away, with games worksheets and lesson plans, most of which are free of charge.
Don’t put it off, this book will get you up and running in no time and will save you months, if not years, of anguish in the classroom. Your students will thank you for being prepared from the very first day.
Get your copy now from the Amazon book store here: The Substitute Teacher’s Toolkit
What other are saying:
This is a very good book, and humorous too. It tells the story of a man with good intentions and how he struggles to keep those good intentions while learning what monsters kids (especially middle school kids) can be… Brian G.
I haven’t read the book but if what I have read from your blog post on classroom management at journey of a substitute teacher blog (in fact it’s the way through which I landed here) is anything to go by then I can say one thing for sure, this is a great book for equipping a substitute teacher be on top of their game. carescorp